Porcelain veneers are one of the several treatments available in cosmetic dentistry. They cover a person’s teeth to change the color and shape of the teeth.
Veneers cost quite a fortune; hence, people have a few questions before agreeing to get porcelain veneers in Westchase. Before addressing these concerns, let’s provide context for people who do not know what porcelain veneers are.
Veneers act as a covering for imperfect teeth. Imperfect teeth here will refer to bigger or smaller ones than the rest of the teeth. It can also refer to teeth that are broken, cracked, chipped, or discolored. Porcelain or resin composite materials make veneers.
Porcelain veneers in Houston, TX, often take shape, color, and size of your teeth such that it will be tough to notice when you are wearing one. You can get veneers for each or even all of your teeth.
It is vital to know that veneers do not protect against cavities. If you get porcelain veneers near you, it is possible to get cavities still if you do not take good care of your teeth. Veneers act as enamel and help change the look of the teeth, but there is the likelihood that decay can form behind your veneers.
Veneers do not excuse you from brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing regularly. Electric toothbrushes are better at cleaning veneers because they can reach into parts of your teeth that your manual brush would not usually reach.
Brushing your teeth and flossing is only one among several ways that you can take care of porcelain veneers in Houston, TX. Other ways include;
● Avoid hard or sticky food. Meals like vegetables, nuts, beef, and so on that can get stuck in the middle of your teeth should be avoided. It would help if you also stayed away from colored drinks, and this includes but is not limited to berries, coffee, wine, and so on.
● Do not grind your teeth. Porcelain veneers in Westchase are very light and can easily break if too much pressure is applied. If you grind your teeth while you sleep, your dentist can help you with a retainer that you can wear at night to protect the veneers.
● Stay away from activities that can apply pressure on your mouth. If you want to get porcelain veneers near you, you will have to say goodbye to contact sports. Well, unless you have a mouth guard that you can wear to protect your veneers if someone hits you. Also, do not use your teeth to bite hard substances like your nails or a block of ice.
● Rinse your mouth thoroughly if you consume anything that can cause discoloration.
● Visit your dentist regularly for an intensive checkup.
Porcelain veneers can do many things for your teeth, but they do not ruin them. If you take proper care of your veneers (i.e., following the instructions listed above), you will have little to no problems with your veneers.
However, if you do not maintain proper oral hygiene or your dentist does not correctly install your veneers, then you might have problems with the veneers.
Here are a couple of other things that you might find interesting about porcelain veneers;
Please book an appointment with us at AK Dentistry to get top-quality porcelain veneers today.